Since everyone is on the healthy & clean living plan (for now) I figured I would do healthy recipes only for the month of January. Kicking it off is this spicy Jalapeno Hummus, it’s quick, tasty & AMAZING! You can enjoy it with carrots, pretzels, pita, or chips & it’s a guilt free snack.
The jalapenos give this hummus a nice spicy kick, but make sure you use jalapenos from a jar – if you use fresh ones from the garden, your lips will be on fire.
- 1 15.5 ounce can of chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ¼ cup jalapeno slices from a jar
- *Optional & this makes me a liar – red pepper for garnish (that makes four ingredients!)
- Add half of the can of chickpeas, olive oil & sliced jalapenos to a food processor.
- Puree well & add the other half can of chickpeas.
- Blend on high until it reaches the desired smoothness.
- Serve chilled & with a little red pepper for garnish.