Green beans have always been a favorite vegetable of mine & I love discovering additional ways to fix them up. Add just a few simple ingredients for a vegetable side dish that is guaranteed to result in an empty bowl & maybe a fight over who gets the last serving. Good & good for you all at the same time.
Did I mention that I really love feta cheese? It totally makes these green beans.
Cranberry & Feta Green Beans
A perfect way to fix up your green beans.
- 1 pound of green beans, cleaned & snapped
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary sprigs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Combine green beans, maple syrup, & brown sugar to a skillet, cook over a medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add cranberries, black pepper, rosemary & sea salt & cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, toss in feta cheese & serve hot.