It’s grilling time…
I love bruschetta, I could eat it all day & every day. Bruschetta tastes even better when it’s grilled; Tina says, “the tomatoes are meatier, the mozzarella is smoked & it’s more flavorful.” Yep, she even said it was better than the stuff I brought her home from a restaurant last week (I picked her up chicken bruschetta).
- Sliced Italian bread or bakery bread
- Olive oil
- sliced tomatoes
- Diced red onion
- Fresh basil, shredded
- Black pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
- Mozzarella cheese
- *Ingredient amounts very depending on the quantity you are making. Consider this post just as inspiration.
- Drizzle olive oil lightly over both sides of your bread.
- Slap it on the grill & turn it once you have grill marks or desired brownness.
- Layer tomato slices & top with onions.
- I put the grill cover down for a couple of minutes to smoke the tomatoes.
- Lift the lid, drizzle balsamic & add basil.
- Shake on some black pepper.
- Cover with desired amount of cheese.
- Put the lid down for another minute or two & then serve immediately.
Now that is some good-looking (& tasting) bruschetta.
This makes a great appetizer or snack.
Looking for more ways to use tomatoes?