These cookies taste just like springtime. White chocolate always reminds me of those giant white chocolate Easter bunnies you get in your baskets and oranges are refreshing and sweet. The orange zest bakes right into the cookie and adds awesome flavor, in fact I had to make these several times until I decided they had just the right amount of orange.
Make a batch or two of these for Easter or spring!
- ½ stick butter, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ heaping cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peels (orange zest)
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and add in the egg. You may use a mixer but I just use a whisk or spoon.
- Mix in vanilla extract, salt, and baking powder.
- Stir in flour a half cup at a time and then mix in chips with orange zest.
- Spoon teaspoon size drops of dough onto a non stick baking sheet. The dough will be a little sticky.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes.
- I baked mine for exactly 10 minutes, make sure the edges do not brown because that means they are over-baked.
Photos and recipe by Raquel