It’s Sunday & perhaps you are feeling lazy but I have a VERY EASY & SIMPLE recipe for you. I promise. It’s delicious, especially if you love mashed potatoes. I know I do, I like my mashed potatoes “chunky style” & I like the skins left on too.
Parmesan Basil Mashed Potatoes
Mashed potatoes loaded with parmesan cheese & basil.
Serves: 6 servings
- 6 medium to large sized potatoes (red or white skinned)
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, shredded
- Clean & wash the potatoes, poke a few holes in them & microwave them.
- Use your microwave settings or just cook them until they are soft.
- Add potatoes to a bowl & mash them.
- Stir in sour cream, olive oil, butter & parmesan cheese.
- Mix well & add black pepper, garlic salt & basil.
- Stir well & serve hot.
- Garnish with additional parmesan cheese or basil leaves.