Now that is a sandwich.
I’ve been on a pesto kick lately & it’s Tina’s fault. Tina likes pesto on everything including her sandwiches, do you know what a fit she threw when I packed sandwiches for the horse show & didn’t put pesto on them? She said she couldn’t eat them, what a Tina.
Enter pesto chicken salad sandwiches. These are simple & delicious.
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast strips
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- 1 cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup julienne cut sun dried tomato bits in olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- *Buns, rolls, bread, wraps or pita.
- Place the chicken breast in pot with water & boil it for about ten minutes until it's cooked.
- Drain, allow to cool & shredded with your hands or a knife. It's much easier to do with your hands.
- Add shredded chicken to a bowl with pesto, parmesan cheese, sun dried tomatoes, black pepper, & garlic salt.
- Mix well.
- Serve warm or cold on toasted buns or your carbs of choice. I prefer it warm on a toasted bun.