Crackers or carbs… they are such a guilty pleasure right?
We had picked up a bunch of different cheese for my birthday a couple of weeks ago & I wanted to see if I could master my own crackers. The answer is no, but with the help of a recipe from Wishful Chef I did just fine. I made a few tweaks & did it my way.
These crackers taste great paired with some wine or Asiago cheese.
- 1 cup flour – I only had white on hand but you can use whatever you like.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- Pre heat your oven to 375.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a small bowl & then add the oil & water. You want the dough to be crumbly & slightly sticky. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface – the thinner the better so you have a nice crispy cracker. You can use a cookie cutter or just cut the crackers into circles with a small vitamin lid like I did.
- You can opt to sprinkle more salt & pepper on top of the crackers but I prefer to add more to the seasoning & dough of the cracker. I used Real Salt for mine because it’s natural & has a lot of benefits that regular salt just doesn’t have. Place the crackers on a foiled baking sheet & put them in the oven.
- In 10-15 minutes your crackers should be slightly golden & ready to come out of the oven.