I haven’t been spending nearly enough time in the kitchen lately but yesterday I went all out. I make pork chops marinated in maple syrup, scalloped potatoes & these delicious miniature stuffed peppers with goat cheese. Talk about tasty & they are only a five ingredient recipe. They look fancy & taste fancy but don’t require “fancy cooking skills”.
Wine is optional but I highly recommend it to go along with these little bites.
- 8 miniature peppers, assorted colors.
- 4 ounces goat cheese crumbles
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced (or one tablespoon minced from the jar)
- 2 tablespoons shredded basil
- Pre heat your oven to 400
- Wash, halve & clean out the insides of the peppers.
- Place them on a baking sheet & cook for ten minutes.
- Combine goat cheese, cream cheese & garlic in a small bowl.
- Mix well until the cheeses are blended & smooth & creamy.
- Remove the peppers from the oven, allow to cool for a minute or two so that you can handle them without getting burned.
- Spoon the cheese mixture inside of the peppers.
- Place peppers back in the oven for another ten minutes.
- Garish with shredded basil. Fresh or dried is fine, mine was fresh but I stuck them in the oven (while it was turned off but still hot) for a minute & it baked mine a bit.