Someone pointed out to me that I rarely offer ummmm “diet friendly” or low-calorie recipes. I’m going to try & do better for you guys (& for me too). This little appetizer/snack is what I like to call “light bites” – & no I don’t know how many points they have but I’m sure it isn’t a lot ; )
These tasty little bites are perfect for entertaining or just adding more vegetables into your meals.
- 2 medium-sized zucchini, sliced into ½ inch sections
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 TBSP fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 Roman Tomatoes, sliced into ¼ inch sections
- approximately ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pre heat your oven to 350
- Add zucchini, garlic, basil leaves, black pepper, garlic salt & half the amount of balsamic vinegar to a skillet & place on a medium heat.
- After 5 minutes flip the zucchini pieces & add the remaining balsamic vinegar.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the zucchini pieces for the heat & place them on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Make a tower layered of zucchini, tomato & zucchini.
- Insert tooth picks & sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the tops.
- Bake for 5 minutes
- Serve hot & enjoy.