Quick and easy ahi tuna bowls served over rice.
I love ahi tuna and sushi so you can imagine how excited I was to try out Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Seared Ahi Tuna and create my own recipe. It’s one of Bumble Bee’s new SuperFresh® products, the goal was to create naturally seasoned restaurant quality fish for great meals at home. The bar for enjoying frozen seafood at home just got a lot higher. Bumble Bee’s SuperFresh® Seared Ahi Tuna is the first ever sushi quality “Thaw and serve” packaged seafood product. It stays frozen during preparation and is never fully defrosted or re-frozen to guarantee chef quality ahi tuna.
There is no mess preparing your fish, tilapia and salmon can go from the freezer to the table in 25 minutes or less. I was able to allow my ahi tuna to thaw in the fridge for three hours and then enjoy! It’s high in protein and flavor.
Look for the following in your grocery store’s frozen seafood section (near the fresh fish). Tilapia with Lemon, Pepper & Herbs, Tilapia with Garlic and Extra Vrigin Olive Oil, Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garlicky Black Pepper and Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garden Pesto, and Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Seared Ahi Tuna.
The Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Seared Ahi Tuna has two servings per package so I decided to create these simple ahi tuna bowls with rice for two. Adam and I really enjoy eating leftovers most of the time, but it’s nice not to always have them. Currently there is an ahi tuna burger at Truxton’s in Santa Monica which I’m obsessed with! I based my rice bowls off the same ingredients and of course swapped out buns for rice. The ahi is the star of the show here… I almost didn’t even want to make a recipe after I tasted how delicious it tastes right out of the package. The best part is with minimal prep work, you can make this quick and healthy meal in under 25 minutes!
- 1 box Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Seared Ahi Tuna
- ½ cup sliced cucumbers
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- ½ cup dried rice
- ½ cup micro sprouts
- Sriracha mayo (my formula is 1 tablespoon mayo per 1 teaspoon Sriracha)
- The Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Seared Ahi Tuna is very easy to prepare. Just remove the tuna from the freeze and the vacuum pack and place in the fridge for about three hours.
- Add the sliced cucumbers, black pepper, ginger and vinegar and to a small tupperware container. Shake up to mix and cover, leave this in the fridge for three hours while the tuna thaws. This will flavor your cucumbers.
- After the tuna is thawed prepare you rice according to box directions.
- Make the Sriracha mayo if you don't have any on hand, it's nice to keep a bottle of this in the fridge.
- Prepare the bowls:
- Divide rice into two bowls, divide cucumber mixture equally, place ¼ cup micro greens in each bowl and drizzle with Sriracha mayo.
- Top each bowl with half of the ahi tuna, garnish with additional micro greens if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Interested in trying the new Bumble Bee SuperFresh® line up? Visit their website to grab a coupon before you head to the grocery store.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.