Caramel apples are a fall favorite but there are plenty of ways to enjoy them besides on a stick. These baked caramel apples with walnuts are simple & delicious this time of year. Serve them for breakfast, dessert or with a bit of ice cream – I had mine for a simple Saturday breakfast.
Juicy apples are brimming with flavors of fall & they make your kitchen smell amazing. The apples are easy to make & you can adjust the amount to suite your needs, make a huge batch for company or just make one for yourself as a treat.
- 2 apples, any variety
- 1 - 2 cups of caramel sauce or dip (I used Marzetti Sweet & Salty Caramel Dip)
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- *Additional walnuts, chopped
- Pre heat your oven to 300 degrees
- Wash & core your apples, make sure you core the apples all the way though.
- You may peel them if you don't want the skin but I prefer to leave mine on.
- Place your apples on a foil lined baking sheet & drop a tablespoon of walnuts in each center.
- Drop a heaping tablespoon of caramel over the top of each apple.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven & spoon caramel around the outside of the apples to give them a nice glazing.
- Bake for another 30 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven, carefully plate them using a spatula to keep any juices from oozing out the bottom.
- Drizzle with additional warm caramel & top with chopped walnuts.
- Serve hot & enjoy.