As the end of summer fades away I find myself enjoying the last of the garden fresh produce and fruits even more. Peaches come at he end of summer for us and always make a delightful treat. I’ve been so busy lately with the idea of moving to New York City (yes, you did read that right, I said New York City) that I haven’t been able to bake up some of the things I would really like to. Peach pie was one of those items I wanted to make but I settled for something quicker last week – Enter these Baked Peaches. Warm and sweet baked peaches covered in flaky puff pastry drizzled with vanilla bean ice cream, do I have your attention yet? Serve these up with some ice cream and you have a real winner.
This recipe is simple for someone who is short on time but still wants something beautiful and tasty. You simply halve the peaches, remove the pits, cover with puff pastry, bake and drizzle with icing. If you are feeling ambitious you can make your own pie crust or puff pastry but with my schedule lately, that was completely out of the question.
- 4 Peaches
- 1 Box Puff Pastry
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- ½ Tablespoon Milk
- 1 Vanilla Bean (can substitute for 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- Make the icing, if you are working with vanilla beans it is best to make this a day ahead of time for maximum flavor.
- Combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla bean scrapings (or extract). Leave the vanilla bean pod in the icing overnight for the best flavor. Discard right before serving.
- Pre heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and halve the peaches.
- Place the peaches back together and cover with puff pastry dough. Seal them up tightly and poke a few fork holes in them.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Reduce the heat to 225 degrees and bake for another 20 minutes. The peaches should be soft and juicy and the pastry should be golden brown.
- Drizzle with vanilla bean icing and serve warm.
- Vanilla ice cream is option but highly recommended.
Interested in other great breakfast suggestions? Check out my other recipes with puff pastry > Cranberry Apple Breakfast Pastries and Apple Cinnamon Turnovers. Also here some awesome Apple Dumplings with Cranberry Cinnamon Sauce.