I have a love for potatoes, bacon & cheese; together. You might call that a baked potato but I like to keep things interesting. Besides doesn’t a baked potato seem so winter? Spring is here (sort of) & soon you are going to need the perfect picnic dish, pass this recipe along.
Loaded Baked Potato Salad
A tasty potato salad with the flavor of a loaded baked potato.
Serves: 6 servings
- 8 medium sized red skin potatoes
- 1 12 ounce package of bacon
- 1 16 ounce container of sour cream
- 1 small white onion, diced (about ¼ cup)
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 8 ounces extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook your potatoes, I prefer the microwave way - poke a few holes in them & hit the potato button a few times until they are all cooked.
- Allow potatoes to cool & cut them into cubes.
- Put bacon in a skillet & cook over a low heat until it is done, blot off excess oil with paper towels.
- Crumble or cut the bacon with scissors.
- Add sour cream, onion, red pepper, cheese, vegetable oil, honey, chives, pepper & salt to a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add in crumbled bacon & potatoes.
- Stir throughly, allow the potato salad to cool or chill in the fridge before serving.
- Garnish with additional chives or cheese.
More great potato recipes here!