Hungry? You will be after you read this. I can’t help but be in love with potatoes, I love them mashed, baked, twice baked & scalloped. Oh & then there are french fries, hash browns… I could go on. But I have to say nothing makes a potato better than adding bacon & jalapenos, my other loves.
- 3 medium sized potatoes (white or red skinned)
- 6 oz bacon or half a package of bacon
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 heaping tablespoon sliced jalapenos (fresh is best but if you use them from a jar, double the amount)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Wash your potatoes, poke a few fork holes in them & microwave them until they are baked.
- Pre heat your oven to 350
- Cook bacon, remove excess oil & crumble into small pieces & set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, garlic, jalapenos, pepper & salt in a bowl.
- Mix ingredients throughly & add in crumbled bacon.
- Take baked potatoes, halve them & scoop out a bit of the insides.
- Fill with cream cheese mixture.
- Place the filled potatoes in the oven & bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot & garnish with extra jalapenos if you dare.
Want more bacon or jalapeno recipes?