Summer is for salads.
This is what I had for dinner last night & let me tell you, this BBQ Chicken Salad was amazing & refreshing.
Apple BBQ Chicken Salad
A refreshing salad with greens, apples, chicken, cheddar & BBQ sauce.
Serves: 2 salads
- 4 cups of greens or spinach
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 cup of apples, chopped
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons almonds, sliced
- *Additional BBQ sauce for garnish
- This makes two salads so use half of the amount of ingredients for each salad.
- Spread half of the greens evenly over two large plates or bowls.
- Add chicken, apples, BBQ sauce, red onion & garlic salt to a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Top both plates with the chicken & apple mixture.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese & almonds over each plate.
- Top with extra BBQ sauce if you would like.
- Serve & enjoy.