Dip anyone? I started off with every intention of making hummus this afternoon with a Mexican twist… but the twist turned into more Mexican & less hummus so I just call this Black Bean & Chickpea Dip. I went out to dinner this week & had a hummus with peppers & tomatoes in it so I wanted to make my own version but as it turns out things got a little out of control & I clearly can’t call this hummus anymore. It’s a pretty healthy dip packed with protein & vegetables so you don’t really have to feel guilty about this one.
A Mexican dip made with chickpeas & black beans.
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 15 ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 2 small jalapenos, sliced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup frozen or fresh corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine black beans & chick peas. Mash them together, also feel free to use a food processor.
- Add green peppers, jalapenos, tomato, cilantro & corn.
- Mix well.
- Add remaining spices - cumin, black pepper, sea salt.
- Mix well.
- Serve cold & garnish with cilantro, this one is a crowd pleaser.
Want more savory dips?