I was Googling “broccoli” the other day. The first think that appeared were lyrics for the song Broccoli by D.R.AM. featuring Lil Yachty. I love this song and I love broccoli (the vegetable of course). It’s okay if you sing and dance to this song while making this salad, I won’t judge.
My chopped broccoli salad is low on carbs and full of flavor. It’s packed with bacon and extra sharp cheddar. I tossed in some scallions, crunchy apples, jalapeños, carrots, and made a delicious low calorie dressing.
This salad would pair perfectly with a ranch dressing. While my first instincts were to slather the broccoli with ranch, I wanted it to taste light and healthy. Adam isn’t a fan of ranch dressing and I didn’t want the calories so I omitted it.
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup crumbled bacon
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- 1 whole jalapeño chopped (about ¼ cup)
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Add broccoli, bacon, cheddar, carrots, scallions, jalapeno, and apple to a large mixing bowl and toss.
- Add in honey, olive oil, mustard, salt, and pepper. Stir well until combined and chill for at least an hour before serving.
Dig in! I love the crunch this salad has. It’s perfect for picnics and pairs well with just about any main course.
I’m already planning on making this again soon, it was that delicious.