Rich chocolate meets the center of Mint Oreos for the ultimate easy mint dessert. These mint cups are topped off with a little crushed Oreo cookie and have a center consistency just like fudge thanks to the Oreo filling. Try making this treat for your next party, gathering or maybe even St. Patrick’s Day.
Think of these as my take on a homemade peanut butter cups with mint instead. I was searching online for an easy mint dessert but I didn’t want to work too hard trying to make the perfect mint filling. I have an obsession with Oreo Cookies, especially the mint kind so I decided it would be fun to deconstruct the cookie. Did you know there are 30 Oreos per standard sized package? My Chocolate Mint Cup recipe makes 15 because I decided to double up on the filling for each treat. I also used regular sized cupcake liners but you could get creative and make different shapes or experiment with other sizes.
- 1 15.25 ounce package of Mint Oreos (30 cookies per package)
- 12 ounces milk or dark chocolate chips (about 3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons milk (I use almond milk)
- Gently twist the cookies in half and use a butter knife to remove the mint filling from the bottom half of the cookie. Repeat this until all of the cookies have been taken apart.
- Melt one cup of chocolate and one tablespoon of milk at a time slowly in a microwave safe bowl or over the stove. Do not burn your chocolate.
- Spoon a dab of chocolate on the bottom of a cupcake liner and smear two stacked pieces of mint filling slowly over the chocolate to create your bottom layer. Think of this as the thin bottom layer of a peanut butter cup.
- Pour chocolate over the filling and sprinkle with crush Oreo cookies if desired.
- Repeat until you are finished with the remaining chocolate.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours before enjoying.