Holiday cranberry mojitos, the perfect drink for your family festivities.
I’ve been making some delicious cocktails lately on the blog. I’m not a bartender, but I am pretty proud of this tangy cranberry recipe. Adam isn’t a big cranberry fan and even he approved of this drink. Whenever he sees me reach for a bag of cranberries at the grocery store, he is never thrilled but I am cranberry obsessed.
Cranberry, lime, and mint make the perfect holiday combination. This is a delicious batch drink recipe you can make for company. Initially I was going to make a cranberry simple syrup for this drink, but I ended up going through the process of making it and used the whole puree. You get bits of cranberry and mint in your cocktail and it’s amazing.
You can make these for the kids if you omit the rum or try my holiday cranberry lemonade recipe.
Now that the weather has cooled off in California my mint plants are thriving so mojitos are the perfect way to use up the surplus.
- 12 ounces cranberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 cups ice
- 1 cup Bacardi Gold Rum
- 1 12 ounce can lemon lime sparkling water
- Combine cranberries, sugar, and water and place over the stove. Mash gently, simmer, bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat. Allow the cranberries to cool completely before making your drink.
- Add mint leaves, ice, rum and cranberry mixture to a blender. Blend on high.
- Add in lemon lime sparkling water and mix.
- Pour into individual glasses over ice and garnish with a sprig of mint and slice of lime.
Cheers! If you make this recipe share your photos on Instagram and tag @horsesandheels_