It’s tart, sweet, and spicy! My cucumber jalapeño limeade is just what you need to kick off the summer. Serve it ice cold or freeze it into popsicle molds. Go ahead and add a shot of vodka or tequila after a long day of work, this would be a perfect margarita mixer.
I’ve made several lemonade recipes here before; cucumber lemonade, blackberry basil lemonade, and ginger lemonade. This is my first time sharing a limeade recipe and I couldn’t be happier with the way it turned out.
It’s been really hot here in L.A. and I’m on that popsicle and salad diet. The next couple of months will only get hotter so I’m sure I’ll be sharing plenty of refreshing drink recipes. This is a photo of my drink in the backyard, cheers to summer!
- 2 quarts cold water
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (about 6 limes)
- 1 cup sweetener (I used agave nectar)
- ½ cup sliced cucumbers
- 4 slices of jalapeño
- Combine all ingredients into a large pitcher and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least four hours. After the time is up taste the lemonade - remove the cucumbers and jalapeños once you have the desired spice and flavor from the cucumbers.
- Serve over ice and garnish with lime, cucumbers, and jalapeños.
Stay cool and enjoy this tasty drink!