Peppermint shakes & candies are my favorite! This simple & sweet Peppermint Milkshake is a quick, easy to make & even easier to devour. Warning: This milkshake may cause brain freeze if you drink it too fast. I used Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips so there is no need to spend time crushing up candy canes. You can find them in the baking section of your local grocery store.
I also might have gone overboard throwing in peppermint candy pieces for garnish at the end… oh well. You just need a spoon at the end : ) My recipe is just for one, but you might find yourself doubling, tripling or quadrupling it for company.
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup milk (I used Almond milk)
- ½ cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips (or substitute other peppermint candy)
- 2-3 drops of peppermint extract to taste
- Add ice cream, milk, peppermint chips & peppermint extract to a blender.
- Blend on high until the mixture is smooth & creamy.
- Pour into a glass & top with additional peppermint chips if desired.