More mac & cheese on Horses & Heels continues, this recipe is Italian inspired with an amazing white cheese sauce. It was a delicious success & my taste testers approved. And while the mac & cheese looks yellow, it is because the sun-dried tomatoes & other ingredients turned it yellow once you combine everything.
This mac & cheese aims to please. Ps. if this recipe is a must try, you have to check out my Jalapeno Bacon Mac & Cheese.
- ½ lb of pasta (any shape) - I used Cellentani
- 8 ounces hard salami, chopped
- 8 ounces sun dried-tomatoes in olive oil, chopped & drained
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried sage, crumbled
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces white cheddar cheese, cubed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Pasta: Cook according to the directions on the box, drain & set aside when done.
- In a skillet combine salami, sun-dried tomatoes, black pepper & sage.
- Cook on low for about ten minutes to crisp up the edges of salami, mix well & set aside.
- Add whipping cream & butter to a saucepan, slowly heat & melt.
- Add cubed cheese & stir occasionally until the mixture melts.
- Once everything is melted add flour, stir, bring to a boil & remove from heat.
- Add pasta, salami & sun-dried tomatoes to the cheese sauce.
- Serve hot & garnish with some black pepper or additional dried sage.
Here are other mac & cheese recipes you will love.