Fall food and cooking is back in full swing, the flavors of maple and sage are two favorites of mine. The combination is even better, like on these maple sage chicken drumsticks. I slow cooked them in the oven for an hour with fresh sage and real maple syrup. Serve these up with a side of vegetables or mashed potatoes and you have a winning dinner.
A couple of notes, do not substitute the fresh sage or real maple syrup for anything else! I can’t guarantee your chicken will taste the same.
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 4 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 10 leaves fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add chicken and remaining ingredients to a shallow baking or roasting pan.
- Mix and turn the drumsticks with the liquid and cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake for one hour, checking on the drumsticks after 30 minutes and rotating them.
- Serve hot.