It is hot! And this heat definitely calls for a popsicle or two. I made these tasty & cool melon mint popsicles yesterday & had to share them. These popsicles have just three ingredients & are so easy to make. I recently picked up some molds & have started experimenting with different popsicles & these were deemed “blog worthy”. For molds I used Kidco Healthy Snack Frozen Treat Trays & just inserted wooden sticks instead of the reusable plastic ones.
Sometimes it seems like “good & healthy” popsicles that are not packed with corn syrup & artificial sweeteners are pricey, but with a recipe like this you will never buy store-bought popsicles again! I have mint plants, so fresh mint is always on hand & while I suggest using raw honey, you don’t have to.
Sweet & minty melon popsicles.
- 5 1/2 cups semi frozen cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves (loosely packed)
- Add melon, honey & mint to a blender & blend until the chunks of melon disappear.
- Pour into popsicle molds, do not overfill them because the popsicles will expand in the freezer.
- Insert popsicle sticks in the middle of each filled popsicle mold.
- Freeze for at least three hours or until completely frozen.
- To remove popsicles from the frozen molds, run a little hot water on the outside & gently twist until the popsicle comes out.