Welcome to the weekend & have a drink! I’m no bartender but this Gin, Pear & Ginger cocktail is delicious. It’s perfect for fall since pears are in season & the ginger gives it a nice kick. I really like drinking gin because gin drinks are not too sweet & they don’t give you that sugary rush.
I made this using a juicer ; pear & ginger juice alone is amazing (& healthy) but throw in Gin, water & ice & you have a party in a glass. If you don’t have a juicier, don’t worry. You can just pick up some pear juice or nectar from the store. Since I used the juicer my drink has a little bit of froth to it & you can see I tossed some pear pieces in my drink as well.
Please note that this recipe is for two cocktails, so if you are flying solo – don’t forget to cut the recipe in half.
- 3 whole pears, cored into large pieces (or 2 cups pear juice or nectar)
- 2 tablespoons fresh pears, chopped
- ½ nub of ginger root, peeled (about the size of half a baby carrot)
- 2 shots Gin
- 2 shots water
- If you are going the juicing route like I did, put your pears & ginger in the juicer (this yielded me exactly two cups of juice).
- If you are starting with pear juice from the store - add pear juice & ginger root to a blender & puree until the ginger root is processed.
- Add half the juice mixture to a shaker with a shot of gin, shot of water & ice.
- Mix well & pour into a glass.
- Add remaining juice, gin, water & ice to the shaker & pour your second drink.
- Drop in a tablespoon of chopped pears in each drink for extra flavor & fun.