This time of year calls for a lot of extra cooking & baking. I’m completely okay with all of that. On Friday I’m “catering” my boyfriend’s listening party for his band’s new album & later in the month is Tina’s birthday party followed by holiday parties so you can say I’m going to be tied to the kitchen soon.
Last weekend I made these Pumpkin Bars with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting. They are actually a spin on the Pumpkin Pie Cookies I made before. Those cookies have been a staple & I’ve made a lot of versions so I decided to change things up yet again.
The cinnamon cream cheese frosting is out of this world.
- Pumpkin Bars:
- 1½ cups of canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- ½ package of cream cheese, softened (4 ounces)
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 cup of powered sugar
- 3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- Pre heat the oven to 350.
- Cream together pumpkin, sugar, egg, vanilla extract & oil in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the first bowl with the pumpkin mixture.
- Stir until the the batter is even.
- Pour this into a 9×9 baking pan & put it in the oven for about 30 minutes depending on your oven.
- Allow the bars to cool before frosting.
- Frosting: Blend the cream cheese & butter together on a low speed with a mixer.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar & cinnamon, beat until creamy & fluffy.
- Before I frosted my bars, I cut them but you can do it however you like.