Do you ever get a craving for party food or an appetizer when there is no special occasion? Today I wanted stuffed mushrooms & everyone seems to be away for the weekend so I just made a small batch to go with my lunch. Feel free to double or triple the mixture for your needs, mine just made 20 mushrooms ( I didn’t eat all of them in one sitting). This recipe is really simple to make & the sage adds such a great flavor to these mushrooms.
The sage absolutely makes the mushrooms, they could not have turned out better.
Sausage & Pepper Jack Stuffed Mushrooms
Stuffed mushrooms with a spicy kick.
- 2 large packages of stuffing mushrooms (there are about 10 mushrooms per package), cleaned & de-stemmed
- 8 ounces of ground sausage
- ¼ cup white onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried sage, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Pre heat your oven to 350.
- Combine sausage, onion, sage, garlic salt & black pepper in a skillet.
- Mix & cook throughly.
- Remove from heat & add the cheese, allow the cheese to bind the sausage together.
- Spoon sausage & cheese mix into the mushrooms.
- Bake for 15 minutes & serve hot!
Want more tasty little appetizer recipes?