There are some days when you just crave a simple pasta with a garlic butter sauce. This was one of those days & this is one of those recipes. This linguini is smothered in a garlic butter sauce with shrimp & mushrooms & then topped off with parmesan cheese & parsley. So good. I also used sliced mushrooms & chopped mushrooms for presentation & texture purposes, I was thrilled with the outcome.
You could make this for a date night meal, entertaining company or just because. It’s easy & is one of my favorite pasta recipes yet.
- 8 ounces linguini (half a box)
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups of mushrooms, cleaned & sliced
- 1 cup of mushrooms, cleaned & chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic in olive oil (can substitute for plain minced garlic that is drained)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (if you are not using minced garlic with olive oil make this 3 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 12 ounces of shrimp, cleaned,rinsed & thawed (feel free to use any size, I just picked up a 12 ounce bag of frozen shrimp but if you have access to fresh shrimp, go for it)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- *Extra parmesan cheese or parsley for garnish
- Cook the linguini according to the directions on the box, drain & set aside.
- Add butter & all of the mushrooms to a large skillet, cook over a low heat.
- After 5 minutes add minced garlic, olive oil, salt, black pepper, parsley & shrimp.
- Stir occasionally & cook for another 5 minutes. If you are using fresh shrimp, make sure it is all fully cooked.
- Add the pasta the skillet & ½ cup of parmesan cheese.
- Toss everything together & serve hot.