It seems like I haven’t had a good summer pasta in forever! With the tomatoes starting to take off & an abundance of basil on hand I decided to make this light summer pasta with shrimp. It has a garlic butter & olive oil sauce, lemon, basil fresh tomatoes & a lot of shrimp. Don’t you hate it when you order a shrimp pasta at a restaurant & the plate comes out with three shrimp?
I did not skimp on the shrimp. Promise.
This is a pretty & simple one dish meal that would be perfect for company.
- 12 oz pasta (I used spaghetti)
- 4 c uncooked shrimp
- 4 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp sea salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ lemon
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- Prepare & cook the pasta according to the directions on the box.
- In a large skillet combine shrimp, garlic, black pepper, salt, olive oil & butter.
- Stir ingredients over a low heat.
- Squeeze the lemon, remove seeds & add the juice to the skillet.
- Stir in basil leaves.
- Once the pasta is almost done add the tomatoes to the skillet to warm them. Don't overcook, you want the tomatoes to be warm & fresh. It's one of my favorite parts about this pasta.
- Drain & rinse pasta & combine the skillet ingredients with it.
- Toss well, serve & enjoy.