What’s for dinner? Well it was quick, simple & fabulous. I had this lonely lemon sitting in the fridge & I knew I had to do something with it. My solution was to create this Lemon Broccoli Pasta.
It has just a hint of lemon & the crunchy broccoli totally makes it.
Simple Lemon Broccoli Pasta
Lemon Broccoli pasta, simple, clean & refreshing.
Serves: 8 servings
- 1 pound pasta (any shape)
- 4 cups frozen or fresh broccoli florets or pieces
- 1 medium red onion, diced (about ¼ cup)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 large chicken breast, diced
- 1 stick butter
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box.
- Add broccoli, onion & olive oil to a skillet & cook over medium for ten minutes.
- Stir in lemon peel, lemon juice, black pepper, minced garlic, & garlic salt.
- Add diced chicken & butter, cook for another ten minutes.
- Remove from heat & add chicken & broccoli mixture to a large bowl with pasta & sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the pasta. Stir & serve hot.
Here are other pasta dishes you will love!