This is a lazy recipe and for that I apologize, but I am still getting back into the swing of things after Europe. My goal is to get caught up this weekend and start photographing more delicious recipes again. Consider this a little sweet treat inspiration for the next time you want to make something quick, pudding pops are also a huge hit with kids.
I’ve always had a slight obsession with gummy candy and chocolate covered gummy bears so this is the best of both worlds meeting for me.
You can fill your pudding pops with any type of candy or surprises that you would like for a colorful treat. Also try substituting in low-fat pudding if you are counting calories.
- ½ 3.4 ounce package French Vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 cup milk
- ½ 3.4 ounce package Chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 cup milk
- Gummy candy, chocolates or any other “surprises”
- Simply prepare the French vanilla and chocolate puddings in two separate bowls, each with a cup of milk.
- Whisk pudding and allow it to soft set, then spoon the mixture into molds dropping in pieces of candy as you go. You may alternate chocolate and vanilla and drop in candy in between layers. (The amount of Popsicles is going to depend on your molds. Using Kidco frozen molds yielded exactly 8 pudding pops.)
- Place molds in the freezer for at least three hours before trying to serve them. A little warm water on the outside of the mold will help you pop them right out!