A quick and easy dinner you need to try!
It’s amazing what you can do with Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Tilapia with Garlic & Extra Virgin Olive Oil, lemon, butter, angle hair pasta, kale, and garlic in just 20 minutes. I love fresh, quick, and easy meals that can be made in under a half an hour. The Tilapia with Garlic & Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the star of the meal, but this kale pesto compliments it perfectly – you’ll want to put kale pesto on everything you eat too.
Lets talk more about this fish – Bumble Bee SuperFresh® is a full line of naturally-seasoned, restaurant quality, prepared seafood solutions for the home cook. There is no thawing or messing around, this seafood goes from the freezer to the oven. You can find seasoned varieties like Tilapia with Lemon, Pepper & Herbs, Tilapia with Garlic & Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garden Pesto, Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Seared Ahi Tuna with Garlic-Peppercorn Rub, and Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garlicky Black Pepper & Extra Virgin Olive Oil at a store near you. Use the Bumble Bee SuperFresh® store locator to find seafood near you.
Each package of Tilapia with Garlic & Extra Virgin Olive Oil comes with two individual servings. I made my dinner for two, but this meal can easily serve up to five people. You’ll have plenty of kale pesto to enjoy later too!
- 1 whole lemon
- 3 cups kale
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp raw almonds
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 fillets Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Tilapia with Garlic & Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ lb angel hair pasta
- 1 whole lemon
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Pre heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- First make the pesto while your oven heats up.
- Throughly wash your lemon, cut off the ends, split in half and remove any seeds. Add the whole lemon to a blender or food processor. The lemon peeling gives wonderful flavor to the pesto.
- Add in kale, olive oil, water, almonds, salt, and black pepper - puree on high until ingredients are combined to create the kale pesto.
- The oven's ready. Remove your 2 fillets of Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Tilapia with Garlic & Extra Virgin Olive Oil from the freezer and place them in parchment paper packets (included in the packaging). Set the seasoned side up and put the fish on a baking sheet. Set your oven timer for 18 minutes.
- Prepare the lemon pasta.
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot, zest and juice your second lemon while you are waiting.
- Add butter and black pepper to the lemon and mix throughly.
- Drain the pasta and stir in the lemon/butter combination.
- By now your fish should be ready for plating - serve it over a bed of pasta and drizzle kale pesto on top.
That was easy, right? Serve this up with some additional lemon slices, bits of torn kale, salt, and pepper.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.